The goal of the project is to establish and operate a fully functional and sustainable ICT Excellence Centre in Moldova. The activity will establish and manage a physical facility for the Centre, provide for appropriate equipment and staff, and organize trainings and services to students and IT sector workers related to information and communications technology (ICT).
Job Title: Project Accountant
The Accountant will be responsible for financial management, planning and book keeping of the project and Center.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- General Accounting Duties: Responsible for assisting with general accounting functions including:
- Preparing and processing journal entries for month-end and year-end accruals and reconciling accounts to the supporting documentation;
- Producing accurate financial reports for managers;
- Providing budget support for departments during the annual budget process;
- Providing supporting schedules for annual audit;
- Project Accounting Duties: Responsible for all aspects of accounting for donor projects including —
- Reviewing project submissions for accuracy and allowability, verifying foreign exchange rate calculations and recording expenditures into corporate accounting software;
- Researching applicable laws, donor guidelines, and internal policies to determine allowability and reasonableness of project expenditures;
- Producing periodic invoices and other forms per contract/donor specifications;
- Reviewing detailed general ledger reports for accuracy, reasonableness and compliance;
- Producing project-specific reports such as donor financial reports, management reports, and inventory schedules;
- Processing and maintaining monthly allowance schedules for project employees;
- Reconciling project advance accounts;
- Developing and/or revising budgets for donor-funded activities according to donor requirements, internal financial policies and project managers’ specifications;
- Preparing project forecasts (life-of-project) to assist project management and for annual budget purposes.
Other Duties to be performed:
- Establish proper financial management systems that can provide accurate, current, and complete disclosure of financial transactions;
- Establish procurement, grants, compliance and operational systems and ensure full compliance with Internal policies and USAID policies and regulations;
- Assist the Senior Project Coordinator in hiring and termination procedures, staff development plans, and administration of benefits, while maintaining strict confidentiality of records and personnel issues;
- Ensure overall proper reporting and provide guidance in the development and dissemination of all project financial reports;
- Monitor project annual budgets and long-term financial projections and make analysis available to relevant staff;
- Design and implement together with Senior Project Coordinator project specific internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records, and documents of the organization;
- Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring Project liquidity at all times;
- Ensure compliance with donor agreements and ensure that all activities are implemented as per the approved agreement and budget;
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all partners, and local stakeholders.
The Project Accountant will report directly to the Senior Project Coordinator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Minimum seven years accounting experience. Nonprofit industry, donor grants experience required.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian, basic to good level of English is required.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Word and Outlook). Experience working with general ledger accounting systems.
Certificates and Licenses: CAP is preferred.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by September 15, 2015, 16:00 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No late submissions will be taken into consideration.