The goal of the project is to establish and operate a fully functional and sustainable ICT Excellence Centre in Moldova funded from the means of US Agency of International Development. The activity will establish and manage a physical facility for the Centre, provide for appropriate equipment and staff, and organize trainings and services to students and IT sector workers related to information and communications technology (ICT).
Job Title: Construction Oversight Manager
The Construction Oversight Manager will be responsible for planning and monitoring construction works of the future ICT Excellence Center.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make preliminary inspection of the space / current conditions of the object;
- Assess future requirements spatial planning by analyzing and correlating existing project architecture and design documents as follows:
- Concept and project design, technical expertise and other relevant documents
- Axamine the whole interior and exterior architectural works, interior finishing and installation systems and processes to plan and purchase works in such a way as to ensure commissioning of the object on time (preliminary launch March 2016);
- Develop necessary technical specifications to launch tendering procedures according to implementing agency rules;
- Attend meetings with all responsible persons of the stakeholders involved in the process;
- Collaborate with project supervisor delegated by the Technical University of Moldova the working processes;
- Develop and submit proposals on necessary interventions to be made at each stage to ensure implementation of the quality of construction work, as well as improvement of their labor exploitation further (ex. Repair the roof, interior modifications, demolition / construction walls, corrections and internal construction annexes, internal changes, corrections necessary, correcting the finish ceiling and walls, thermal insulation, waterproofing, sound insulation, other etc);
- Plan the installation of systems and plan interior finishing works;
- Ensure the correlation between the processes of procurement, contracting and execution of works proper finishing works, installation and commissioning (as applicable);
- Set targets in terms of quality and specific requirements towards materials to be used;
- Provide support and advice, based on experience gained in the process of selecting the types and materials to be used;
- Monitor the implementation of works and fulfillment of contract contracted by ATIC in terms of specified, parameters quality and other relevant terms specified in those contracts;
- Make regular visits, but no less than once every 3 days in space ICTE for supervision of the investments in term of parameters and the expected delivered quality;
- Monitor the execution of the contracts clauses in relation to labor protection, environmental protection, cleaning of the space and separate disposal of construction waste, refuse and recyclable, and other specific clauses;
- Report regularly to the Project Coordinator and beneficiaries about work status
The Construction Oversight Manager will report directly to the Senior Project Coordinator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction or Management. Minimum three years of similar relevant experience.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian, basic to good level of English is required.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Word and Outlook). Experience working with general ledger accounting systems.
Contracting period will be negotiated upon the selection of the candidate.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by September 22, 2015, 16:00 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information:
Name/Surname, Construction Oversight Manager