SOW: EU4Moldova Startup City Cahul
Reference Agreement number: 13797
Job description: Project Assistant
Job location: Chisinau
The Government of Sweden has entered into a delegated agreement with the European Delegation in June 2020 for the implementation of Startup City Cahul Project aiming to develop a regional ICT Innovation Center for the Cahul region. The National Association of ICT Companies has entered into an agreement with Sweden on September 15, 2020 for the implementation of the project.
The project is in line with the Annual Action Programme 2019 in favor of the Republic of Moldova and its Action entitled ‘EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul’, based on the Commission Decision ENI/2019/042-243.
The overall objective of the Action is to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business and its investment environment.
Project specific objectives:
– Foster partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector, and educational institutions in the region of Cahul.
– Promote technology, problem solving and creative solutions in learning and make STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls, and boys.
– Facilitate the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors; build their capacity and investment readiness.
The Action is aligned to the Eastern Partnership priorities, the revised Association Agenda, and the objectives of the 2017-2020 Single Support Framework (SSF) for Moldova and Chapter 18 of the European Union – Moldova Association Agreement. It will also support the implementation of the Eastern Partnership’s ‘20 Deliverables for 2020’, as they relate to economic development. The proposed activities will support the implementation of the priorities identified in the European Joint Development Cooperation Strategy (Joint Programming Document) and the National Strategy for enhancing IT industry competitiveness ‘Digital Moldova 2020’.
Under the programmatic approach, the Action will contribute to the regional development of Cahul, in agreement with the Government of Moldova’s strategies for regional growth and well-being. The initiative will involve the major regional stakeholders and a general memorandum of understanding will be negotiated to seek commitment of the governmental authorities.
JOB TITLE: Project Assistant
The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the project implementation team in project related activities, ensuring smooth operations of the project and consistency of project implementation according to the donor(s) rules and regulations, supporting planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, in close coordination with the supervisor.
– Carry out the assignment as defined in the SOW;
– Complete the final deliverables in a timely manner;
– Conduct all business respecting local culture;
– Maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflict of interests;
– Support all aspects of project implementation as needed.
– Participate in the implementation of the project related activities;
– Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation;
– Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, mail and packages;
– Draft and review project documents such as minutes, contracts, and letters, etc.;
– Provide logistical support for workshops, trainings, events and other meetings as tasked by the supervisor(s);
– Prepare documentation related to procurement process and assist/carry out the procurements planed within the project;
– Provide translation/interpretation when required;
Requirements and qualifications:
Education and Experience: University Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree and minimum one year of similar experience (project implementation set-up, NGO activity).
Language skills: excellent oral and written communication skills in Romanian and English. Russian language knowledge will be considered an advantage.
Computer skills Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
Other: Proven administrative skills, including ability to perform duties that require attention to details; Ability to prioritize tasks, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion, Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by February 20, 2021 to email@example.com . The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/Project Assistant/Startup City Cahul
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.