JOB DESCRPTION: TwentyTu project manager
In May 2018, ATIC/Tekwill announced TwentyTu – an educational project that will provide access to online education to every pupil and teacher in Moldova. 11 online courses for children and 3 for teachers will be available for free on the TwentyTu platform. TwentyTu beneficiaries – children and professors, will receive direct incentives to enroll to courses – such as bonuses at their main grade at the school for children and bonus for didactic promotion for teachers – making our educational product particularly attractive. The project’s mission is to harness Moldova’s untapped human capital and to help grow a generation of citizens that will create, here at home, products and services that will meet economic & social challenges at national and global scale. The name “TwentyTu” stems from our 22nd century outlook, while “tu” in Romanian means “you”.
Tekwill is an IT excellence center that contributes to the IT, education and entrepreneurship ecosystem of Moldova. Tekwill’s main activities: Offering educational courses that will answer the needs of a modern economy; Providing space (including offering office and co-working spaces for rent) and resources to enterprises from creative industries; Stimulating entrepreneurial culture in Moldova; Organising IT & entrepreneurship related events.
Tekwill was implemented by Moldovan Association of Information and Communications Technology Companies, ATIC, promotes the development of the ICT sector in the Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between the private companies, similar organizations, state institutions, international organizations in order to enhance the competitiveness and development of the sector and company capacities, enlarge the market, attract investments in the country and participate in the decision making and regulatory process on the national and international level.
ATIC is looking for an ambitious professional to serve as TwentyTu’s project manager/CEO
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Overseeing the implementation of the all of the project’s elements, including, but not limited to: developing and launching the online platform, delivering offline lectures and providing equipments to schools, according to goals and timeline announced during the fundraising campaign on www.twentytu.md
– Establishing the strategic and long-term direction of the project
– Coordinate and communicate with the relevant authorities in order to integrate TwentyTu into the official curricula
– Maintaing close communication with all the private, corporate and institutional donors
– Overseeing the future fundraising efforts, including producing, developing and deepen existing donor relationships
– Maintain and nurture TwentyTu’s excellent reputation among the public and donors
Education: Master’s degree in one of the following fields (or related to): Education, Public Policy, International Development, Business, Economics, Management, STEM, and other fields that are relevant to managing a large educational project:
Experience: At least six years of professional experience. At least three years of managerial experience. Experience of working with educational projects and/or knowledge is an advantage.
Other: Fluency in written and spoken Romanian, Russian and English.
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
1. Motivation letter, including details of three reference persons;
2. Curriculum vitae of the applicant.
The application package shall be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: „TwentyTu CEO”, by December 2, 2018 (21:00). For additional information on TwentyTu, please visit: www.twentytu.md. Only selected persons will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.