SCOPE OF WORK: Education Programs Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
The Moldovan Association of ICT Companies (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting 45 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 5000 employees. Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in the Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best-practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favorable ICT business climate.
The development of the first ICT Excellence Center in Moldova was started in September 2015, under a USAID project, together with a number of strategic partners. It aims to improve Moldova’s global competitiveness and its business and investment environment. Innovative, high-value technology products and businesses are essential for development of the knowledge-based economy. Science, innovation and technology are the key drivers of the sustainable growth and competitiveness.
The project will be implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners will bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center. The space will be provided by the Technical University, as part of the Government commitment to this project. The e-Government Center will use the center as a training and capacity building resource for the public e-
transformation and IT managers.
Within the objectives of the agreement, Tekwill Academy will develop a number of non-unique workforce development initiatives, including training/ education programs, certifications courses, internship programs. A workforce development initiative is considered any “soft” investment by partner for education and skills development either held at ICTEC or in connection therewith. The initiatives will be developed under the PPP agreement, including also non-USG funds, cash or in-kind, attracted for implementation of workforce development initiatives, from public and private partners, as well as cost-share by the beneficiaries. As a result of the project, the skills of the Moldovan work force and the ICT industry in Moldova will be improved. Monitoring and evaluation is a key management skill necessary for measuring the results of Workforce Development activities. Over 10,000 beneficiaries are expected to receive relevant training per year. For example, to track employability of beneficiaries of workforce development programs, the project conducts a follow-up three to six-month survey of beneficiaries following their participation in project workforce development initiatives.
02. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
Relevant, accurate and timely data on measuring progress and performance will enable efficient project implementation, as well as timely and appropriate decision making. The strength of M&E lies in its ability to provide timely performance information that enables us to manage for results, improve project performance, and demonstrate impact. The M&E Consultant will be collecting primary data and analyzing information on Workforce Development initiatives and Tekwill Academy program’s progress information to guide project implementation.
The purpose of this assignment is for the consultant to act as the technical and key point of contact for the following purposes:
• Develop and update on a monthly basis the monitoring and evaluation plan for Tekwill Academy Program and other Workforce Development initiatives.
• Gather, evaluate and keep record of all the data related to the Tekwill Academy Program and other Workforce Development initiatives performance an results, in accordance with the indicators.
• Develop various ways of methods to collect and constantly improve data collection on quantity and quality-based approach.
• Colect data from counterparts and beneficiaries through discussions, surveys, interviews and/or submission of data collection forms, ensure initial quality control for the M&E raw data elements.
• Develop instruments such as spreadsheets, databases to monitor results and other related documentation to assess the most accurate completion of data.
• Report to the Program Managers in relation to data collection. In addition to providing quantitative data, the M&E Consultant will also provide written narratives covering major achievements during the reporting period and/or major obstacles that hampered progress for each particular assignment.
• Maintain extensive electronic and hard files for internal audits, reference, and archiving.
• Ensure the basic level of data security of PII, working documents, spreadsheets, or databases, handle and store data according to the internal procedures.
• Ensure constant communication with Program Managers in relation to performance monitoring and communication of most important facts about the activities.
• Assist the Program Managers with activity related documents and reports.
• Other as required for best implementation and carrying out of the function.
03. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carry out the assignment as defined in the SOW.
• Complete the final deliverables in a timely manner as defined below.
• Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture.
• Maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
04. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop monitoring tools and strategies
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data
• Provide assessment of monitoring and evaluation performance
• Other as requested by the Program Managers
• Monthly reports;
• Quarter reports;
• Evaluation tools and mechanisms;
• Performance Monitoring and program documents;
• Activity reports;
• Interviews and surveys.
• Bachelor (or higher) Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Education or related fields.
• At least 2 years’ proven experience with Project/Program Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Experience in database management, statistical packages, and spreadsheets will be an advantage;
• Fluent in Romanian and Russian (written and spoken), English is an advantage.
• Good command of MS Office applications.
• Reliable, accurate and systematic;
• Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
• Able and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge relevant to the function;
• Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit.
• Reliable, accurate and systematic
• Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated
• Able and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge relevant to the function
• Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit
• Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
1. Motivation letter, including details of three reference persons;
2. Curriculum vitae of the applicant.
The application package shall be submitted via email to: email@example.com, with the subject line: „Education Programs Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant”, by October ,23 2019 (21:00), extended to October 30, 2019 (21:00). Only selected persons will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.