Project: EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul
Reference Agreement number: 13797
Job description for Local STEM Manager (Cahul-based)
The Government of Sweden has entered into a delegated agreement with the European Delegation in June 2020 for the implementation of Startup City Cahul Project aiming to develop a regional ICT Innovation centre for the Cahul region. The National Association of ICT Companies has entered into an agreement with Sweden on September 15, 2020 for the implementation of the project.
The project is in line with the Annual Action Programe 2019 in favor of the Republic of Moldova and its Action entitled ‘EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul’, based on the Commission Decision ENI/2019/042-243.
The overall objective of the Action is to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business and its investment environment.
Project specific objectives:
– Foster partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector and educational institutions in the region of Cahul.
– Promote technology, problem solving and creative solutions in learning and make STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls and boys.
– Facilitate the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors; build their capacity and investment readiness.
Job Title: Local STEM Manager
Cahul based STEM Manager will be responsible for implementation and monitoring of the educational activities within the EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develop and implement activities aimed at development of IT education in Moldova, including but not limited to educational programs, activities, practical work projects in accordance with the Project Scope and market needs;
– Develop relevant scopes of work and terms of terms of reference, build relationships with consultants, experts, implementing partners and volunteers;
– Supervise, manage and monitor the implementation of programs planned, scheduled and approved;
– Ensure efficient coordination and communication with the relevant local level authorities, stakeholders and beneficiaries in order to integrate educational programs into the official curricula;
– Coordinate with other team members to make sure messaging is appropriate, professional, effective and executed in accordance with the project and donor guidelines, and with project needs for continual knowledge and information sharing.
– Report regularly to the National STEM Manager and Project Director, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities undertaken, and progress.
The Local STEM Manager will report to the National STEM Project Manager. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the local STEM Manager will also align and coordinate work with the local (Cahul) team and other staff as per direction from the Project Director.
Education, experience, and skills:
Education: University Degree in Education related fields, IT or Management;
Experience: Minimum three years of similar relevant experience, developing or being involved in designing educational programs;
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian, basic to good level of English is required. Fluency in Russian is an advantage;
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
– A good understanding of the RM education set-up;
– Strong interpersonal skills;
– Able to work effectively with different kinds of communities with different norms and communication styles.
Place of performance:
The Local STEM Manager (Cahul Team) will perform his/her duties in Cahul, Republic of Moldova.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by February 20, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject of the email will include the following information:
Name/Surname/Local STEM Manager/Startup City Cahul
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.