RFP Number: VET II-2018-002
Issuance Date: 22.06.2018
Deadline for Offers: 13.07.2018
Description: Consultancy services for Online Digital Library resources creation
For: Partnerships for quality and relevance in ICT vocational education in Moldova
Funded By: Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grant Agreement nr. 8295-00/2015
Issued by: National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC)
ATIC Point of Contact: email@example.com, contact person Ana Chirita, project coordinator
Section 1: Instructions to Offerors
Introduction: The National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) is soliciting proposals from eligible and responsible firms regarding consulting services for the creation of digital resources to be placed in the online Library smarted.md. The Partnerships for quality and relevance in ICT vocational education in Moldova (VET II) Project is a project implemented by the Educational Centre Pro-Didactica, in collaboration with the National Association of ICT Companies funded by the Austrian Development Cooperation under the Grant Agreement nr. 8295-00/2015, and is being carried out in Republic of Moldova.
The project Partnerships for quality and relevance in ICT vocational education in Moldova aims at assuring the quality and relevance of ICT vocational education for local, regional and national economy in Moldova, through the support in launching and in qualitative functioning of the Centre of Excellence for the VET ICT education thus advancing the harmonization of ICT education in Moldova with labour market demands, and to support the initial activity and functioning of the National Agency For Quality Assurance in Professional Education as an independent, functional and professional body.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by ATIC in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFP. Failure to comply with the instructions described in this RFP may lead to the disqualification of an offer.
Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 17:00, local Chisinau time, on July 13, 2018, electronically and/or in hard-copy at the National Association of ICT Companies office.
Any email offers must be sent to the following address:
In attention of Mrs. Ana Chirita,
Executive Director/ ICT Component Coordinator
Any hard copy offers must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and delivered to the following address:
In attention of Mrs. Ana Chirita,
Executive Director/ ICT Component Coordinator
Partnerships for quality and relevance in ICT vocational education in Moldova
Str. Studentilor 9/11
Please reference the RFP number in any response to this RFP. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be reviewed only at ATIC discretion
1. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFP may be submitted no later than 17:00, local Chisinau time on July 10, 2018, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that ATIC believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFP recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by ATIC will be considered official and carry weight in the RFP process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of ATIC or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFP.
3. Quotations: Quotations in response to this RFP must be set on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery and all other costs. Pricing must be presented in MDL. Offers must remain valid for no less than thirty (30) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on their official quotation format or letterhead; in the event this is not possible, offerors may complete the table in Section 3.
All quotations and offerors packages should be submitted in 3 copies (in case of hard copy submission).
In addition, offerors responding to this RFP are requested to submit a copy of their official registration or business license.
6. Taxes and VAT: The agreement under which this procurement is financed does not permit the financing of any taxes, VAT, tariffs, duties, or other levies imposed by any laws in effect in the Cooperating Country. No such Cooperating Country taxes, VAT, charges, tariffs, duties or levies will be paid under an order resulting from this RFP. In the event that any exempt charges are paid by the Subcontractor, they will not be reimbursed to the Subcontractor by ATIC. The Subcontractor shall immediately notify ATIC if any such taxes are assessed against the Subcontractor or its subcontractors/suppliers at any tier. The Subcontractor is responsible for payment of all applicable taxes, as prescribed under the applicable laws, associated with wages/salaries/compensation for services rendered by individuals employed by the Subcontractor and who are directed to work as required under this Subcontract. The Subcontractor is liable for payment of all applicable taxes associated with revenues (profit), and other such taxes, fees, or dues for which Subcontractor is normally responsible as a result of operating its business.
7. Eligibility: By submitting an offer in response to this RFP, the offeror certifies that it and its principal officers are not debarred, suspended, or otherwise considered ineligible for an award.
8. Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFP instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and meets or exceeds the minimum required technical specifications, and is judged to be the best value based on a lowest-price, technically-acceptable basis, business experience, the visual aspect of the work to be performed, similar objects in the past and short production and installation terms.
Please note that if there are significant deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFP, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. ATIC reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
Best-offer quotations are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original quotations. However, ATIC reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
- ATIC may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award.
- While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full technical requirements of this RFP, ATIC may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of the Project.
- ATIC may cancel this RFP at any time.
Please note that in submitting a response to this RFP, the offeror understands that ADCi s not a party to this solicitation and the offeror agrees that any protest hereunder must be presented – in writing with full explanations – to the VET II Project for consideration, as ADC will not consider protests regarding procurements carried out by implementing partners. ATIC, at its sole discretion, will make a final decision on the protest for this procurement.
Terms and Conditions: This is a Request for Quotations only. Issuance of this RFP does not in any way obligate ATIC or the VET II Project to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential offerors in the preparation and submission of an offer.
This solicitation is subject to ATIC’s standard terms and conditions. Any resultant award will be governed by these terms and conditions; a copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request. Please note that the following terms and conditions will apply:
In 15 days after signing the contract
50 % of subcontract fixed price
In 3 days after delivery of the services and receipt of the services and goods
40% of subcontract fixed price
In 15 days after delivery of the services and receipt of the services and goods
10% of the subcontract fixed price
b) Payment will be made in MDL, via wire transfer to the account specified in the Subcontractor’s invoice. Payment of unpaid balances will be made upon completion and final acceptance of all works and deliverables by ATIC. Any invoices for services rendered and deliverables submitted – but not accepted by ATIC – will not be paid until the Subcontractor makes sufficient revisions to the deliverables such that ATIC may approve the deliverables and thus the invoice.
c) Payment will only be issued to the entity submitting the offer in response to this RFP and identified in the resulting award; payment will not be issued to a third party.
d) Any award resulting from this RFP will be firm fixed price, in the form of a purchase order.
e) The title to any goods supplied under any award resulting from this RFP shall pass to ATIC following delivery and acceptance of the goods by ATIC. Risk of loss, injury, or destruction of the goods shall be borne by the offeror until title passes to ATIC.
Section 2: Offer Checklist
To assist offerors in preparation of proposals, the following checklist summarizes the documentation to include an offer in response to this RFP:
- Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (see Section 3 for template);
- Official quotation, including detailed specifications of each piece of the equipment (see Section 4 for example format);
- Copy of offeror’s official registration and business license in case of private company, CV or CVs of the physical people to participate in the process;
- Previous experience
- Bank guarantee in amount of 10% for any offer exceeding 50,000 EUR
Section 3: Letter of Transmittal
The following cover letter must be placed on letterhead and completed/signed/stamped by a representative authorized to sign on behalf of the offeror:
To: Partnerships for quality and relevance in ICT vocational education in Moldova
Str. Studentilor 9/11
Reference: RFP No. VETII-2018-002
To Whom It May Concern:
We, the undersigned, hereby provide the attached offer to perform all work required to complete the activities and requirements as described in the above-referenced RFP. Please find our offer attached.
We hereby acknowledge and agree to all terms, conditions, special provisions, and instructions included in the above-referenced RFP. We further certify that the below-named firm—as well as the firm’s principal officers and all commodities and services offered in response to this RFP—are eligible to participate in this procurement under the terms of this solicitation.
Furthermore, we hereby certify that, to the best of our knowledge and belief:
- We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any ATIC or VETII project staff members;
- We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any other offerors submitting proposals in response to the above-referenced RFP; and
- The prices in our offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
- All information in our proposal and all supporting documentation is authentic and accurate.
- We understand and agree to ATIC’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery, and kickbacks.
We hereby certify that the enclosed representations, certifications, and other statements are accurate, current, and complete.
Name and Title of Signatory:
Company Telephone and Website:
Company Registration or Taxpayer ID Number:
Does the company have an active bank account (Yes/No)?
Official name associated with bank account (for payment):
Section 4: Specifications and Technical Requirements
In order to increase the capacity of the ICT Centre of Excellence, a portal to present the centre, centre’s activity, online library, digital repository (digital library) and management system with digitalized materials has been created. The online library contains a list of various resources: books, localized (translated) materials, digitalized materials, videos, etc., however there is an interest to create and/or adapt additional VET related materials. The portal should have multiple resources available both for the Centre, as well as for the assigned to it institutions.
A part of the materials created under the project will be digitalized and introduced into the system. Another part will represent materials, books, tutorials relevant for the industry’s needs to help the students get access to needed materials. Also not only the students from the College of Informatics will have access to the developed resources, but also the students from the assigned institutions. Under this activity, ATIC will support the ICT Centre of Excellence of Excellence to develop capacity in the area of promotion of the Resource Centre for the final beneficiaries and the assigned institutions.
Under this specific assignment, ATIC is seeking consulting companies, or individual consultants to develop a list of digital materials and specific resources for VET ICT related curricula.
List of materials
Minimum 40 resources adapted/developed
Period of delivery: