Development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Excellence Center (ICTEC) in Moldova Project
Cooperative Agreement No. AID-117-A-15-00002
Business Development/Community Manager
The goal of the project is to establish and operate a fully functional and sustainable ICT Excellence Centre in Moldova. The activity will establish and manage a physical facility for the Centre, provide for appropriate equipment and staff, and organize trainings and services to students and ICT sector workers related to information and communications technology (ICT).
Job Title: Business Development/Community Manager
The Business Development/Community Manager will be responsible for a wide range of technical responsibilities related to carrying out entrepreneurship activities of the Center.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Design Center’s activities aimed at development of IT entrepreneurship ecosystem in Moldova, including but not limited to B2B activities, startup events, mentorship programs, advisory programs, networking activities, and interoperability laboratories.
- Develop annual implementation plans in compliance with the Project’s Scope of Work and with the consensus will of the Senior Project Coordinator and USAID.
- Plan and schedule the implementation of all entrepreneurship activities approved in the annual implementation plans, including but not limited to, enumerating rosters of necessary STTA experts, identifying subcontractor mechanisms to accomplish goals, anticipating events and other necessary means of sharing information and knowledge, and gaining the approval of the Senior Project Coordinator and USAID regarding such plans and schedules.
- Supervise and manage the implementation of entrepreneurship activities planned, scheduled and approved, including, but not limited to, drafting of Scopes of Work, drafting of RFPs, guiding and directing the work of consultants, implementing partners and volunteers, managing implementation so that it proceeds smoothly and according to schedule.
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator and USAID, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities undertaken, and progress.
- Report on entrepreneurship development activities in accordance with the formal reporting requirements of the Project.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communication Officer to make sure messaging is appropriate, professional, effective and executed in accordance with the Center’s and USAID guidelines, and with Center’s needs for continual knowledge and information sharing.
The Business Development/Community Manager will report directly to the Senior Project Coordinator. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Business Development/Community Manager will also align and coordinate work with other staff as per direction from the Senior Project Coordinator.
Education and Experience: BA in Education related fields, IT, Development or Management. Minimum three years of similar relevant experience. Proven expertise in previous similar activities.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian, basic to good level of English is required.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Word and Outlook)..
The contract will commence not earlier than November 1, 2015. Contracting period will be negotiated upon the selection of the candidate.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by October 20, 2015, 16:00 to email@example.com. No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information:
Name/Surname, Business Development/Community Manager
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview