TOR – International IT in Education Expert for the Project „ADVANCING QUALITY IN ICT VOCATIONAL EDUCATION IN MOLDOVA” financed by the Austrian Development Cooperation
Contacts and Procedures
Educational Centre PRO DIDACTICA in partnership with National Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) is in process of implementing the project „Advancing quality in ICT vocational education in Moldova“ financed by the Austrian Development Cooperation. Among problems and challenges of the VET sector, one of the most important ones is the problem of quality of knowledge and practical skills of the young ICT specialists. In order to solve these problems we consider important to mobilize the potential we have and through an effective partnership between EC PRO DIDACTICA, Ministry of Education, vocational institutions and ATIC as representatives of IT companies to operate some changes in the system.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the harmonization of ICT education in Moldova with labor market demands. The project purpose is to support the qualitative improvement of content and process of ICT professional education in 5 institutions (colleges and vocational schools), thus fostering the improvement of quality of knowledge and practical skills of the young ICT specialists.
The expected results of the project are:
- Improved, updated curricula for ICT specializations, relevant for market needs developed in beneficiary colleges with involvement of ICT companies’ representatives
- Improved practical skills of IT students updated to labor market demands through enrollment of trained students in private sector
- Awareness about the possibility to get a Career in ICT at a VET institution raised
The project aims at improving several aspects in the sphere of vocational education and training in Moldova by creating/improving:
- a demand from the side of the industry for VET graduates as well as a demand for the choice of technical studies at VETs (ICT Career Orientation and inclusion of VET in the map)
- opportunities for VET students
- the gender balance presence in the ICT field by attracting females to technical specialties
- a market driven curricula for ICT and BPO companies
- sustainable cooperation models with the private sector to decrease the shortage in the ICT and BPO field
As a target group for the envisioned project, has selected 5 institutions – 3 colleges (specialty: Informatics and Computers) and 2 vocational schools (specialty: Computer operator*) which represent geographically all the country (North, South, Centre). Some of main expected results from the project are: improved, updated curricula for ICT specializations, relevant for market needs developed in beneficiary colleges with involvement of ICT companies’ representatives; ICT specialists from beneficiary colleges trained in methodology of active learning and IT topics; trained English Language specialists in modern approaches of foreign language teaching; upgraded computer laboratories in each beneficiary institution etc.
These will be a benefit for ICT young students, through creation the opportunities for them and the fortification of the institutions, access to modern laboratories (and example would be the innovation labs aiming at boosting creative ideas, already proving to be a successful model in many European countries), combined with clear profiles and programs for the students to be capable to integrate easily into the working field.
Implementation period of the project: December 2012 – May 2015
The overall objective of the project is:
To contribute to the harmonization of ICT education in Moldova with labor market demands.
The project purpose is:
To support the qualitative improvement of content and process of ICT professional education in 5 institutions (colleges and vocational schools), thus fostering the improvement of quality of knowledge and practical skills of the young ICT specialists.
The expected results of the project are:
Expected result 1: Improved, updated curricula for ICT specializations, relevant for market needs developed in beneficiary colleges with involvement of ICT companies’ representatives
Expected result 2: Improved practical skills of IT students updated to labor market demands through enrollment of trained students in private sector
Expected result 3: Awareness about the possibility to get a Career in ICT at a VET institution raised
ATIC together with ProDidactica are looking for an international expert in education in IT to help the project at the incipient phase with the following tasks:
- Offer expertise on the international context of VET education in ICT.
- Conduct an analysis together with the local team related to the current educational system-desciption of the occupational domains at professional schools, colleages (if existent) and the role of each layer in the Qualifications Framework.
- Together with the local team conduct an analysis of the existent curriculum at the level professional schools and colleages in IT fields, as well as provide with similar specialty programs from abroad with indication of the differences, proposed improvements and curriculum upgrade.
- Conduct an analysis of potential additional services and certifications the professional schools and colleages can offer to raise the level of ICT specialists on the market.
- Conduct a Case study on the technical equipment of the ICT laboratories in VET institutions in UK, Germany, Austria, France
- Travel to Moldova in case of meeting partners, presentation of results
- Case study concerning the training of specialists in VET institutions in UK, Germany, Austria, France (curriculum, qualification standards, employment areas)
- PPT presentation of the case study
- Notices on the Curriculum draft, Characteristic of the specialist qualification and the Basic competencies for each training discipline from the curriculum (vocational school level and college)
- PPT Presentation of the notices on the Curricula, Characteristic of the specialist qualification and the Basic competencies for each training discipline from the curriculum
- Case study on international certifications for VET level practiced in European Union countries
- PPT Presentation of case study on international certifications
- Proposals to implement international certifications in VET institutions in Moldova
- Notices on endowment plans of the ICT laboratories in VET institutions in Moldova
- Other tasks could be included and discussed additionaly.
Contacts and Procedures
Interested Vendors/ Consultants are requested to express interest in responding to this proposal as soon as possible to the contracting contact below, by confirming via electronic mail that they have received the RfP documents and that they intend to submit a proposal by the deadline specified below. The electronic mail should state the name of the Prime Contractor and provide contact details for any future correspondence in relation to this RfP. Please note that this correspondence will not be used as part of the evaluation process.
Organizers contracting contact:
Ms Ana Chirita
Moldovan Association of private ICT companies (ATIC)
28, Maria Cibotari, of 1B, Chisinau MD 2012, Republic of Moldova
Phone/Fax: +373 22 887000,
Vendor Information to be included in the proposal
All interested vendors must include in their proposals:
Corporate overview – legal name, year of creation, number of employees, other information
they might find relevant
Services – description of all services and products supplied.
Markets served – description of geographic/industry markets served.
Partners – list of current event-related suppliers and partners.
Customer & Activity References – a list of other similar events served.
Individual consultants should submit:
Proposal including overview of vision on implementing and achieving the above mentioned tasks, references to other similar activities completed.
Other relevant information
An electronic copy of the Proposal document in English, clearly marked Name/Surname/VET
Project, should be sent by electronic mail not later than April 25, 2013 to the contact noted above.
Proposals submitted by any other method and/or in any other way or beyond the specified deadline will be rejected. In addition, if the envelope or parcel is not sealed and marked as indicated, Organizers cannot assume any responsibility for the Proposal’s misplacement or unauthorized opening.